Friday, April 10, 2009

Economy dooms uninsured cancer patients

"I don't want to die. I shouldn't have to die. This is a county hospital. This is for people that, like me, many people have lost their insurance, have not any other resources. I mean, I was a responsible person. I bought my house. I put money away. I raised my two children. And now I have nothing. You know my house isn't worth anything. I have no money. And I said 'What do I do? But what do all these other people do after me?' And they said, 'We don't know.'"
Counting my blessings. I have my troubles, but I'm not one of the thousands of uninsured cancer patients in Nevada who've lost their lifeline. This 60 Minutes story is terrifying.

Via American Patients United

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting a comment, your browser privacy settings may be interfering. Change your settings to allow third-party cookies (session cookies will do) or add an exception for blogger.com. I apologize, but this is a Blogger issue over which I have no control.